Guess who’s back? The Real Slim Shady. HA, not quite – I am! I meant to blog about this earlier in the week but I kept
procrastinating postponing the so-called “due date” and am only deciding to write it now. Plus I have some things that I need to get off my mind and what better way to do so then blog, right?
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is the first week back since break. Although the week went by relatively quick, it seems like Spring Break was so long ago? Maybe it’s just me.
Wow, where do I begin? Oh, I know exactly where. Reunited $hmoney Team? I thought I was going to cry… tears of joy, people! Tears of utter joy! (Ok, I might have shed one or two…Shh!) I don’t think they realized how much I missed them…Seriously.
After an interesting weekend so to say, too short of time with family, and setting a new personal record for hours worked over break, it was good to have some sanity back in my life. Yes, as crazy as my friends are individually (haha, I should talk…), they are the ones who help keep me grounded. They balance me: Em with her understanding and optimistic charisma, and of course my workout bud and JCamp goer Iz. Her realistic outlook and humor are always welcome in my life. I must say, we make a great group. Even though we sometimes get on each others nerves, at the end of the day, we know that we have each other to count on. For anything and everything.
*That sounded sappier than I wanted it to, but honestly I mean it. Truth be told, these lovely individuals are two of the greatest people I have gotten to know…and I am so thankful to call them my friends.
*no waterworks, you’re not welcome right now!
I also gave blood for the first time with Iz! We donated on Friday; it went much better than I expected, although I did have to hold someone’s hand. Football player Chris Carter #72’s hand. Nbd or anything, we’re good friends. No but seriously, he’s a cool guy! I think the volunteers might’ve thought I was drunk (I don’t drink, I promise. Anyone can attest to that) during the process because I was just singing and jamming in my chair…honestly, I was just trying to keep myself distracted from the somewhat uncomfortable needle, tired arm, and lightheadedness. So that’s that. I would definitely donate again though, as long as someone goes with me and holds my hand for the first couple minutes as they set up. 🙂
Run Down the Demons 5k is coming up this weekend! I’m pretty excited, although I haven’t run in a while…but a 5k is not too bad, and it should be fun – some of my friends are going so it should be good.
Want to know my favorite part about this WHOLE week? Iz and I snuck into the Shoe (our Football stadium/Kingdom). Ok, “snuck into” is used lightly…It was Sibs and Kids weekend so everyone’s siblings were on campus this past weekend (which by the way, SO CUTE. Little kids are the greatest…back to the point!) and we walked in as cousins. It was great – we took some wonderful pictures, laid on the field, took more pictures, and imagined what it would be like to wear those stunning Championship Rings. Or necklace… @spinnershells, share the wealth here!
I promise I’m almost done here. It’s been quite a while since I’ve last blogged, but I just want to make sure I’ve got everything covered.
As you may or may not have remembered, one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to do monthly challenges, so a challenge for each month basically. This month’s challenge was to go vegetarian, thus #MeatlessMarch. It was very challenging at first. I had to consciously tell myself that I could not eat meat (except fish) for the entire month (so I guess that makes me a pescetarian?). However, as time passed I became accustomed to my newfound diet of veggie nuggets, fruit and lettuce salads, and sushi. Things I typically ate – so nothing too new here, aside from the no-meat part. As March comes to a close, I’ve come to the realization that I need to start eating more veggies and less meat. Although meat is a great source of protein, there are other sources of protein and ways to fill up without all the calories or high fats/cholesterol etc. I’m aware I’m no nutritionist, but eating too much meat is unhealthy. Additionally, it’s supposedly good for the planet to eat less meat. So hopefully I can make a positive difference that way, right? Are you wondering about April? So am I. I haven’t decided what I wanted to do yet for this next month, but I should probably figure it out fast. I’ll get back to you on that.
*Side note: I feel so much better! My head is much clearer now. *sigh of relief.* Don’t worry, I’m wrapping it up – I have to work at 2am (It’s 10:43pm now) so I’m hitting the sack soon.
In a wrap, things I’ve learned this week (some discussed earlier others not):
1) I can be happy if I choose to be.
2) I have some of the greatest friends on earth.
3) Iz and I could pass for cousins…At least for 45 minutes. “Mom?”
4) This week was tough, but I was happy. Happy. True bliss. Set up an appointment with my advisor to switch majors and figure out my class schedule for the next two years, I get to see my mother, sister, and bæ Easter weekend, and best of all, I’ll be done with exams in APRIL! I just need to power through these last 5 weeks of school. Unbelievable how fast this year has gone; however, I feel like I say that every year…
Oops, that was like 10 things in one, but just stick with me here.
5) I liked a gay man. He just hasn’t realized it yet. Yes, that part of the equation.
6) I enjoy dressing up! I’ve made it my goal to dress nice at least 4 out of the 7 days of the week… I’m not sure how long that will last, but I’m going to try! When I say dress nice, I mean fancier-ish clothes, maybe even a little make up and a fresh shower and perfume – you never know who you’re going to see! #Zeke
7) I think I’m going to pull out my guitar this weekend and play. I haven’t played in a long time, and I feel like I’ve forgotten all that I’ve learned!
8) Random thought: When I have kids, or at least hope to have kids, I will do everything in my power so they don’t have to grow up with social media. I think if I didn’t have facebook or instagram, I would be a much happier person. “Well delete it?” Is it really that simple though? I don’t think so. That’s another discussion for a later date.
9) It’s going to be another busy summer for me, but I like it that way. I’ll be working at the pool coaching and lifeguarding, reliving my Baywatch days…
…and taking a summer statistics class. Only because I have to.
10) Everything happens for a reason. The good, the bad, and the unexplainable. That’s the beauty of life.
Have a wonderful night – be happy – and have a great start of your week!